Quitting alcohol with no professional assistance carries serious health risks and can even result in death. However, an alcohol detox program includes care delivered under the watchful eye of experienced medical professionals. This ensures that each individual can go through withdrawal safely and begin their recovery sober and with the best chance at lasting success.
At Tides Edge Detox Center, we strive to ensure that each client has supported through alcohol detox in Florida. We tailor our services to address the unique needs of each client. With the help of our services, you can find support as you begin the first steps to recovery. Please contact Tides Edge Detox Center today at 866.723.3127 to learn more about our alcohol detox program.
Understanding Alcohol Withdrawal
Alcohol modifies the response of distinct receptor complexes in the brain. The consistent exposure to a steady supply of alcohol causes adjustments to your brain chemistry. Then, your brain changes how it functions to compensate for the effects of alcohol.
When a long-term alcohol abuser stops drinking, they usually experience alcohol withdrawal symptoms around eight hours following the last drink consumed. Alcohol withdrawal can persist for several weeks after that point, with the most severe symptoms appearing after two to three days.
The Dangers of Detoxing from Alcohol Alone
The effects vary among individuals. Some people only experience mild side effects, while others face extreme discomfort. The early effects of alcohol withdrawal include:
- Gastrointestinal problems
In most cases, these symptoms can be manageable, though somewhat uncomfortable. On the other hand, more severe side effects can emerge after 24 hours, which carry significant health implications. These include elevated body temperature, high blood pressure, and confusion. In some cases, clients may struggle to breathe. Additionally, they put themselves at risk for delirium tremens.
The most severe form of alcohol withdrawal brings on delirium tremens. This disorder typically occurs in those abusing alcohol for ten or more years and those with a history of alcohol withdrawal. Additionally, people who drink daily may be at a heightened risk of this condition. Symptoms of this condition may include:
- Tremors throughout the body
- Disorientation or extreme confusion
- Agitated behavior
People become disoriented and may experience hallucinations. Additionally, heavy drinkers may experience seizures. Treatment includes around-the-clock monitoring and medical intervention when emergencies occur. Also, medication-assisted treatment provides alternative detox medications that can stave off some of these effects. Thus, each individual can progress through the most dangerous stages of alcohol withdrawal safely.
A Safe Environment for Detoxing From Alcohol
The side effects can cause death in those detoxing from alcohol alone. Therefore, anyone who suspects they or a loved one may be experiencing delirium tremens should seek immediate medical treatment.
Tides Edge Detox provides a serene, peaceful detox environment for clients. Our accreditation from the Joint Commission shows how we offer one of the best centers in Florida for detoxing from alcohol. The center maintains regular medical supervision of all clients under our care.
One of the ways Florida drug and alcohol detox center distinguishes itself is by making sure each detox experience suits each individual’s needs. To that end, we offer clients their choice of therapies, programs, and treatments best suited to help them achieve their goal of ending their alcohol dependency. We provide a range of services for our clients, including:
- Men’s detox services
- Women’s detox services
- Holistic detox services
- Inpatient detox services
- Executive detox services
In addition, each of our clients has access to our detox therapy services.
Therapy While Detoxing From Alcohol
We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to alcohol detox. Tides Edge Detox helps patients create their treatment plan by selecting from the following therapy choices.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) involves clients working with a mental health counselor in a structured environment. Patients thus gain the opportunity to address underlying mental health disorders that exacerbate their alcohol abuse.
- Trauma therapy allows clients to gain the opportunity to work through painful, traumatic experiences from their past. At the same time, they build resiliency and coping skills that will benefit them in the future.
- Motivational interviewing is an alternative clinical approach to helping clients work on mental and substance abuse disorders. It incorporates the principles of empathy expression and argument avoidance, discrepancy development, going with resistance, and reinforcing a client’s belief in successful change.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) is a therapeutic approach that focuses on helping clients learn skills to help them live and behave consistently while building psychological flexibility. They learn to control their behavior and emotions under challenging circumstances.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) is another form of CBT that helps clients identify negative behavioral patterns and change them.
To learn more about the services available, reach out to Tides Edge Detox Services today.
Contact Tides Edge Detox Today
At Tide Edge Detox, every client receives a complete evaluation before admission. The staff ensures that clients receive quality care as they adjust to their new reality. You then get the chance to further your recovery by enrolling in our alcohol rehabilitation program. No matter the substance use disorder someone is struggling with, we have a detox program to help:
- Alcohol detox
- Bath salts detox
- Benzo detox
- Cocaine detox
- Fentanyl detox
- Heroin detox
- Methamphetamine detox
- Opiate detox
- Opioid detox
- Prescription drug detox