Approximately 88,000 people die each year due to alcohol. There are various reasons alcohol may lead to a person’s death. Sometimes the cause of death is alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning is a serious condition that affects many people every year. That’s why it’s critical to know the symptoms of alcohol poisoning so you can prevent this from happening or get help if necessary.
If you or someone you love is suffering from alcohol use disorder, it is important to seek help. The first step toward recovery is detox. It is dangerous to quit on your own. Get professional help at Tides Edge Detox, an alcohol detox center in Jacksonville, FL, by calling 866.723.3127. We offer an effective alcohol detox program in FL for those battling addiction.
Facts About Alcohol
Alcohol is a common substance that many people use and even abuse from time to time. Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a growing problem in the United States. AUD is defined as a pattern of drinking that results in problems with work, school, or home life, as well as continued drinking despite adverse consequences.
Alcohol’s deadly effects are often downplayed because of its easy accessibility. However, drinking is fast becoming the most preventable death in the United States. Here are some statistics about alcohol use disorder:
- According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), more than 16 million adults in the United States suffer from alcohol use disorder.
- Of the 14.4 million adults age 18 and up who have this condition, there are more men (9.2 million) than women (5.3 million).
- 401,000 young people between the ages of 12 and 17 have AUD, with a fraction of a percent more women than men.
- Alcohol accounted for about one-third of vehicle-related deaths in 2014.
- In 2012, alcohol-related liver disease was the primary cause of almost one in three liver transplants in the United States.
In addition to these facts, alcohol costs a tremendous amount of money for the United States.
Signs of Alcohol Poisoning
Alcohol poisoning occurs when someone drinks a significant amount in a short period. This often happens with college-age students who do binge drinking, but it is possible with anyone. It’s important to recognize the symptoms of alcohol poisoning so you can get help when necessary. These symptoms include:
- Confusing actions
- Sickness including vomiting
- Shallow or irregular breathing
- A change in the color of the skin (blueish or very pale)
- A drop in body temperature
- Seizures or unconsciousness
If the symptoms of alcohol poisoning progress, it can lead to death. Therefore, it’s critical to seek help for someone who is experiencing alcohol poisoning.
What are the Benefits of Medical Detox for Alcohol?
Medical detox for alcohol can provide a number of benefits for those struggling with addiction. The first and most obvious benefit is that it can help rid the body of the harmful toxins that have resulted from alcohol abuse. This can help to reduce the risk of serious health complications, such as liver damage or heart disease.
Medical detox can also help to manage withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, tremors, and anxiety. Additionally, getting professional help from a medical provider can provide much-needed support and guidance during the detox process. Overall, medical detox for alcohol can be an effective tool for those struggling with addiction.
One of the key benefits of medical detox for alcohol is that it can help to rid the body of harmful toxins that have built up as a result of alcohol abuse. This can reduce the risk of serious health complications such as liver damage or heart disease, allowing individuals to recover more quickly and get back on track with their health.
If you or someone you know is considering alcohol detox, it is important to speak with a medical professional to ensure the safety and success of the detox process.
Find Help with Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Florida
Welcome to Tides Edge Detox, where you can find the help to quit drinking for good. Our compassionate, professional staff will ensure you are safe and comfortable during the detox process. We use evidence-based methods to help ease your withdrawal symptoms. Even if you’ve never gone through alcohol poisoning, it’s essential to seek treatment now before something happens.
Our detox center aids you in overcoming alcohol addiction so you can find joy and peace in life. We are experienced in helping people in your situation. Some of the different addiction programs we offer include:
- Opiates addiction treatment program: This program helps people who are addicted to drugs like heroin, morphine, codeine, and oxycodone.
- Heroin addiction treatment program: As one of the most dangerous kinds of addiction, expert heroin treatment is especially important.
- Cocaine addiction treatment program: Cocaine is one of the most addictive substances in the world, which requires customized treatment.
- Alcohol addiction treatment program: an alcohol addiction is uniquely different from other types of addiction and requires extensive knowledge to deal with it.
Don’t let an alcohol use disorder hold you back from a bright future. Now that you know the symptoms of alcohol poisoning seek quality treatment at Tides Edge Recovery. Contact us at 866.723.3127, and we’ll walk with you along the road to recovery.