Recovering from an addiction to drugs or alcohol takes a methodical approach in order to be successful. Detox is the first step of the recovery process, and it can begin as soon as you make the decision to call for help. Detox allows you to withdraw from substances with supervision so that you don’t face the same risks of trying it on your own at home. When you try to quit abusing substances by yourself, it is much easier to relapse in order to stop the withdrawal symptoms. Detox gives you a chance at recovery, allowing you to withdraw physically in order to begin your work on the emotional component of addiction.
What is Detox?
Detox is the care you deserve when you decide that you want to stop using drugs or alcohol. In a medically-assisted detox, you get support throughout your withdrawal period to help you be more comfortable. Assistance in a medically-assisted detox can include:
- Working closely with a counselor to talk about how you are feeling in order to get emotional support
- Medication to reduce the impact or severity of your withdrawal symptoms
- Supervision to make sure you are safe as you withdraw from drugs or alcohol
- Group sessions to meet others who are going through the same process
- Treatment planning to determine where you are going to go next after detox
Detox is your first step, and you will work with a counselor to discuss your treatment after detox. You can move on to a residential treatment facility for rehab, or decide to go back home with outpatient services. Detox gives you the ability to remove drugs or alcohol from your system in a safe, supervised manner.
What to Expect in a Detox Facility?
You can expect to be treated with respect and compassion when you go to a detox facility for treatment. Many people are nervous about going to treatment for the first time, but there is no reason to be. You will get the help you need to recover from an addiction to substances so that you can move forward with your life. When you are in a detox treatment, you can expect:
- A supportive environment that allows you the comfort you need to heal from addiction
- Staff ready to talk to you when you are struggling physically or emotionally
- A clean, professional space where you are safe and cared for
- Opportunities to learn meditation, participate in exercise, or enjoy the outdoors
Fear should not stop you from reaching out for help from a detox facility. You are going to be in a place that gives you the care you need at a time when you are ready to take your life back.
Why it’s Important
Without going through a detox program, you can put your life at risk trying to stop on your own. Symptoms of withdrawal can make you very sick, and at times can be life-threatening. When you go to a detox program, you are supervised throughout the process. Most people who try to quit at home alone are not successful. As symptoms of withdrawal set in, it’s difficult to avoid abusing the drugs or alcohol because it will make the withdrawal symptoms stop. Detox gives you the chance to build a solid foundation of recovery and start living a life free from addiction.
Life Begins After Tides Edge Detox
When you are addicted to drugs or alcohol, your life will spiral out of control. Get the help you deserve at Tides Edge Detox. Contact us today at 866.723.3127 and get started on your path to recovery now. Stop letting drugs or alcohol control how you live your life.