Detox at a Jacksonville, FL Addiction Treatment Center
Once you decide to stop abusing drugs or alcohol, it’s time to contact a Jacksonville, FL addiction treatment center. At Tides Edge Detox, we provide medically-assisted detox for a safe withdrawal from drugs or alcohol. We understand the importance of getting the support you need during detox so that you aren’t at risk of relapse early on in your recovery. With the right help in place, you will be able to learn about the impact addiction has on your life and develop strategies to deal with cravings to use. Tides Edge Detox is ready to help you begin your road to recovery.
Why Supervised Detox is So Important
At a Jacksonville, Florida addiction treatment center, you will see why supervised detox is so important to your recovery efforts. Withdrawal from drugs or alcohol can be a challenge, and supervised detox can:
- Provide treatment in the form of medication and talk therapy to help you manage withdrawal symptoms
- Keep you safe while you go through difficult withdrawal symptoms by monitoring your progress
- Work with you to develop a treatment plan to start thinking about your next stage of treatment
- Give you the professional care you need to feel comfortable in your initial recovery efforts
Supervised detox is there so that you don’t try to withdraw from substances on your own. It’s dangerous to try to withdraw while home alone, as your symptoms can become life-threatening with minimal notice. Get the help you deserve by going to a Jacksonville, Florida addiction treatment center and go through detox safely.
Withdrawal Symptoms From Drugs or Alcohol
Withdrawal can be a challenge because using the substance can stop the difficult withdrawal symptoms. When you are trying to detox from drugs or alcohol, the symptoms will depend on a number of factors. The substance you were abusing, how much you have been using, and how long the abuse has gone on will all play a role. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
- Anxiety, agitation or difficulty sleeping
- Feelings of hopelessness or depression
- Shaking, trembling and seizures in severe cases
- Sweating, muscle cramps, or feeling like you have the flu
One of the more difficult substances to withdraw from is alcohol, something many people don’t expect. Alcohol withdrawal can produce anxiety, but it can also quickly lead to life-threatening complications. If you are alone and don’t have help, your situation can become critical.
Preventing a Relapse With Good Strategies in Place
Relapse prevention strategies help you manage your stress so that you don’t turn to drugs or alcohol when you feel your life getting out of control. These strategies can include almost any productive behavior that allows you to take a break and refocus your energies. When you are going through the early stages of recovery, you will hear many people talk about relapse prevention strategies and how they help. Some common strategies include:
- Working with a therapist on a consistent basis to learn about addiction and get support in recovery
- Going for a walk in nature to take a break from your current surroundings
- Talking to a friend who is part of your support network to work through a difficult situation
- Finding a support group in your community and attending the group on a regular basis
You will learn new relapse prevention strategies when you work with your counselor at a Jacksonville, Florida addiction treatment center.
Find Alcohol and Drug Detox at a Jacksonville, FL Addiction Treatment Center
When you are ready to break free from drugs or alcohol, Tides Edge Detox, a Jacksonville, Florida addiction treatment center, is ready to help. Stop letting addiction control you and get your life back. Contact us at 866.723.3127 and get the help you deserve to detox safely from drugs or alcohol.